Enrique And Meghan Lose Their Titles And Will Not Receive Public Funds

Prince Enrique and his wife, Meghan Markle, will no longer use their monarchical titles or receive public funds in exchange for an independent life, Buckingham Palace announced on Saturday in a statement.

The announcement of an agreement within the Royal Family of the United Kingdom comes after last week the Dukes of Sussex communicated their desire to leave the first line of the monarchy to become economically autonomous and live part of the year in North America.

In an unusual personal statement, Queen Elizabeth II, Enrique's grandmother and head of state, affirms that, after intense conversations, a “constructive” solution has been reached that supports her grandson's wishes and his family.

RELATED

“Enrique, Meghan and (his son) Archie will always be very dear members of my family,” says the sovereign.

The monarch says "recognize the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny" to which they have been subjected in the past two years and supports "their desire for a more independent life."

Isabel II, 93, thanks the couple for their "dedication" in the work of representing the monarchy in the United Kingdom and other countries and says she is "particularly proud of how quickly Meghan has become one of the family "

"It is the hope of my whole family that today's agreement allows them to build a new happy and peaceful life," he says.

In another statement, the palace explains that the dukes feel "grateful" to His Majesty and the rest of the Royal Family for their "constant support" in this new stage of their life.

The agreement signed, which will be applied from next spring, means that Enrique and Meghan "will deviate from real commitments, which includes military acts", so "they will stop receiving public funds for real commitments", it is explained in the note.

With the approval of the Queen, they are authorized to maintain the sponsorship at the private level of different organizations that support and, although they cannot formally represent the sovereign, the couple “has made it clear” that everything they do will respect their values.

They will stop using the titles of His Majesties "since they are no longer active members of the Royal Family," says the Palace note, which does not specify what the couple's security arrangements are.

The statement notes that the Prince and the US exactriz have expressed their desire to return public funds from the so-called "Sovereign Grant" or sovereign grant used to reform their Frogmore Cottage mansion, on the grounds of Windsor Castle (outside London) , which will remain your home when you are in the United Kingdom.

Enrique and Meghan caused a stir when a few days ago they communicated on their new website without prior notice that they wanted to distance themselves from real tasks in order to be economically independent and spend part of their time in North America (predictably Canada, where she already resided and where is now)

The sixth in the line of succession to the throne and his wife have patented a brand, Sussexroyal, which is still unknown if, given its new status outside the monarchy, it can be used.

SEARCH FOR MORE

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE