The first game of the World Series between Honduran Mauricio Dubón’s Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies is already being played at Minute Maid Park. Astros led it 5-0 but the Phillies came back; they put in the sixth run in the extra inning.
– TO THE DEEP! JT Realmuto homered and the Phillies turned the game around; they beat the Astros 6-5 in extra inning.
– We’re going to extrainning and the Phillies are at bat.
– Astros will bring out their best men in the bottom of the eighth inning; Kyle Tucker, Alex Bregman and the pineapple, Yulieski Gurriel, are coming.
– Yordan Álvarez came out to bat but it was not what was expected. Much more was expected of him.
– We are in the seventh inning and the game continues 5-5. JT Realmuto is at bat for the Phillies.
– Nola returns to pitching in the fifth inning.
– The Phillies send two more runs to make the game 5-5. Verlander has not been able to dominate with his pitching and that benefits the Philadelphians. They tie it in the fifth inning!
– Four hits to Verlander in this fourth inning and the Phillies score their first three runs of the game. Astros still win 5-3.
– Nick Castellanos on an impressive hit by Justin Verlander puts the Phillies’ first run.
– Impressive… Kyle Tucker is lit up, he hits a new home run and the Astros already beat the Phillies 5-0.
– Martin Maldonado makes good contact with the ball and makes the second run for the Astros.
– Kyle Tucker hits the first home run of the game and the Astros take the lead 1-0 over the Phillies.
– With a spectacular setting at Minute Maid Park, the World Series kicks off between the Astros and the Phillies.
LIVE: We continue from Minute Maid Park in Houston with the start of the World Series and we already have CATRACHOS who have arrived to shout for Mauricio Dubón.
Sports Diary Ten on Friday, October 28, 2022
Honduran Mauricio Dubón appears on the main roster.
The World Series kicks off today with a vibrant game at Minute Maid Park!
With the favorite poster, the Houston Astros, finalists last year, will seek from Friday their second crown in a baseball World Series, although the surprising Philadelphia Phillies are presented as a tough rival to crack.
The ninth Texan arrives credited with sweeping the mighty New York Yankees 4-0 in their American League Championship Series.
Meanwhile, the Phillies entered the playoffs as the last wild card in the National League and left the Cardinals, the until then champion Atlanta Braves and the San Diego Padres, all with the tag of favorites.
In the first game of the 2022 Fall Classic, fans will see an exciting mound duel between starters Justin Verlander (Astros) and Aaron Nola (Phillies).
The Astros are making it to the World Series for the fourth time in six years, having won in 2017 and lost in 2019 (to the Nationals) and last year (to the Braves).
It is also the fifth trip in general for the Texan team to a classic at the end of October, because in 2005 they did it for the National League, losing to the Chicago White Sox.
For their part, the Phillies reach the final of the Major League Baseball playoff championship for the first time in 13 years by defeating the Padres 4-1 in the National League Championship Series.
Philadelphia’s ninth reaches the Fall Classic for the first time since 2009, when they fell to the New York Yankees.
The Phillies entered the playoff party as the last guests on the Old Circuit, and from which they were named. Philadelphia have been to the World Series seven times but have only won twice: 1980 (to Kansas City) and 2008 (to Tampa).