<> on June 1, 2016 in Doral, Florida.
Washington (CNN) – A disturbing video of a false President Donald Trump shooting, assaulting and stabbing his critics and the media was played at a conference held by a pro Trump group at his Miami resort last week, according to images obtained by The New York Times.
The video, which was shown at the Trump National Doral Miami during a three-day conference held by American Priority, includes the Trump nomination logo for 2020 re-election and shows a series of internet memes, the newspaper reported. A part of the video, the newspaper said, shows a fake Trump head edited in the body of a man opening fire in the "False News Church" against a group whose faces were edited to appear as a group of Trump critics and news organizationsRELATED
According to the Times, the clip ends with Trump sticking a stake in the head of a person who has the CNN logo as a face before standing and smiling while looking around. The clip appears to have been edited from a scene of a church massacre in the 2014 film Kingsman: The Secret Service, the Times reported.
CNN cannot independently verify the video as of Sunday night and has not shared its content. CNN confirmed that the video was played at the conference and not in the main hall.
READ: Trump "threatens the Constitution" by attacking the media, says architect of the attack on Bin Laden (2018)
“Unfortunately, this is not the first time that the president's supporters promote violence against the media in a video that seems to be entertaining, but it is by far the worst. The images portrayed are vile and horrible, ”CNN said in a statement Sunday night. “The president and his family, the White House and Trump's campaign must immediately denounce him in the strongest possible terms. Anything smaller amounts to a tacit endorsement of violence and no one should tolerate it. ”
Tim Murtaugh, Trump's campaign spokesman, told The New York Times that he didn't know anything about the video. "That video was not produced by the campaign and we do not tolerate violence," he said.
Event organizer Alex Phillips said in a statement to the newspaper on Sunday that the video was played at the conference as part of a "memes show."
"The content was sent by third parties and was not associated or endorsed by the conference to any official title," said Phillips. “American Priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue on the preservation of freedom of expression. This matter is under review. ”
Former White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and the president's son, Donald Trump Jr., were scheduled to speak at the conference, The New York Times said. Sanders told the newspaper he didn't watch the video and a person close to Trump Jr. told the newspaper that he didn't see it either.
"I was there to talk at a prayer breakfast, where I talked about unity and about joining the country," Sanders told The New York Times. "I was not aware of any videos, nor did I support violence of any kind against anyone."
The White House Correspondents Association (WHCA) commented on the video Sunday night: "All Americans should condemn this representation of violence directed against journalists."
READ: Infographic: freedom of the press in the Americas continues to deteriorate
“The WHCA is horrified by a video that was shown over the weekend at a political conference organized by the president's supporters at the Trump National Doral in Miami. All Americans should condemn this representation of violence directed against journalists and political opponents of the president, ”said Jonathan Karl, president of the association. “We previously told the president that his rhetoric could incite violence. Now we call him and all those who are associated with this conference to denounce this video and affirm that violence has no place in our society. ”