North Korea Responds To US President Donald Trump And Says He Has "nothing More To Lose" | Kim Jong-un | NNDC Asia

Seoul A senior North Korean regime official responded on Monday to the latest warnings issued by US President Donald Trump, and stressed that the Asian country has "nothing more to lose."

Kim Yong-chol, who has been responsible for the intelligence of the regime and has been at the forefront of the nuclear dialogue with Washington, signed a statement on Monday released by the KCNA agency in response to comments made by Donald Trump over the weekend.

► North Korea conducts a “very important test” at the Sohae launch base

RELATED

► North Korea says denuclearization is off the negotiating table with the US

On Saturday, after the North Korean ambassador to the UN, Kim Song, broke off the denuclearization dialogue, Trump explained to journalists that North Korea should not try to interfere in the US presidential elections next November.

On Sunday, Pionyang announced an “important test” at a missile development center (probably tested a new projectile engine, satellite photos showed) and Donald Trump, through the social network Twitter, warned the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, that he will lose “everything” if he acts in a “hostile” way.

“There are so many things that Trump doesn't know about Korea (from the North). We have nothing more to lose, ”Kim Yong-chol said Monday in the statement.

"One can see that Trump is very nervous," added the North Korean official, who said that "the time may be near when we will again call him 'senile old man in his senility'", referring to the crossing of insults between the American president and the regime back in 2017, before last year's approach.

The president of the United States, Donald Trump, meets with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in the demilitarized zone that separates the two Koreas, in Panmunjom, South Korea, in June 2019. (Photo: Reuters)

Kim added that the regime "cannot hide its disappointment" and recalled that Pionyang has given Washington until the end of the year to bring a new proposal that unblocks the denuclearization dialogue.

Negotiations are blocked since the failed Hanoi summit in February, where the United States considered Pionyang's offer insufficient to dismantle its nuclear assets and refused to lift economic sanctions.

Since then, North Korea has conducted 13 short-range missile tests, in addition to this weekend's mysterious test, and has gradually increased the hardness of its messages destined for the White House.

Source: EFE

SEARCH FOR MORE

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

+ 67 = 76