One Person Dies And Another 10 Are Hospitalized When Exposed To a Powerful Floor Cleaner | Univision News Events

One man died and another 10 people were hospitalized Thursday night after being exposed to a powerful floor cleaner inside the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Burlington, Massachusetts.

The incident occurred around 05:30 pm local when emergency services were called to place after the report of a "sick individual and a potential release of chemicals," said interim Fire Chief Michael Patterson, quoted in USA Today.

Patterson said that when firefighters arrived they found a man being treated by paramedics outside the restaurant. He was a worker who was using a sodium hypochlorite floor cleaner called Super 8, which Patterson said is commonly used.

RELATED

The worker told firefighters that he felt nauseous after inhaling the gases. He was rushed to a hospital, where he died.

Another 10 people also required medical attention and were taken to the hospital; Only two of them were restaurant customers.

A spokesman for Buffalo Wild Wings said they were "shocked and sad" to learn of this tragic accident in the sports bar of his franchise. "We are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while conducting an investigation," the spokesman said.

These are some of the creams found to contain mercury in California (photos)
SEARCH FOR MORE

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE