Qasem Soleimani Dead: Donald Trump Meets With Secretary Of State And Defense After Iranian Attack | Iraq Nndc News

Washington, Jan. 7 (EFE) .- US President Donald Trump met Tuesday with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Mark Esper after more than a dozen ballistic missiles hit two air bases that house US troops, according to local media versions.

Correspondents of different US media in the White House realized through Twitter the arrival of Pompeo and Esper, who was joined by General Mark Milley, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

► LIVE | Iran attacks two US military bases in Iraq with dozens of missiles

RELATED

►Joe Biden: Donald Trump is "dangerously incompetent"

► LIVE | The latest news about the tension between Iran and the US: death and panic in stampede during farewell to Soleimani

The meeting takes place after the Pentagon confirmed Tuesday that the attack was launched from Iran.

تكرر القصف على قاعدة عين أسد …
القاعدة الامريكية التي قال عنها ترامب انه يجب على الحكومة العراقية دفع المال ثمن الانسحاب منها ..
انظروا اليها تحترق ومعها عشرات الجنود الامريكيين.# سننتقم_انتقام_سخت pic.twitter.com/0FO4XX3edG

– Hassan Khalifhe (@HKhalifhe) January 7, 2020

A Pentagon spokesman, Jonathan Hoffman, said in a statement that it is still unclear whether there have been casualties and pointed out that the attack, a possible reprisal from Iran for the US murder. of General Qasem Soleimaní, took place against the bases of Al Asad and Erbil.

According to the Pentagon, US and coalition troops remain in those bases.

The White House confirmed that Trump was informed and that he keeps in touch with his national security team.

A police source in the province of Al Anbar and another source in the Iraqi Army confirmed to Efe that at least 13 missiles hit the military base of Ain al Asad, in western Iraq and where US troops are deployed.

The police source said several missiles were launched against that base located in the area of ​​Al Bagdadi, west of the provincial capital Ramadi, but for now the material or personal damage caused by the impact is unknown.

All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

– Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020

Meanwhile, the Iraqi Army source explained that 13 missiles hit Ain al Asad and explosions were heard within the perimeter of the base, but could not confirm whether victims occurred.

US Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen visited the base last November and served a Thanksgiving meal to some 150 US military.

Ain al Asad also attended President Donald Trump, along with his wife Melania, in December 2018 on a surprise visit that was not even informed by the Iraqi authorities "for security reasons."


SEARCH FOR MORE

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

75 − = 70